Saturday, February 25, 2012

Today Is a VERY special Day

Today would have been my moms 68th birthday. She is dancing with the Angels but she is never far from my heart. Her life impacted many around her but especially me. I was the only girl and the baby. I was surrounded by "protectors" mainly my two older brothers and many watchful eyes. It was with her guidance that I never ventured into trouble. Even if I thought about it I always heard her voice in the back of my mind saying "Natasha you know this is not a good idea" but another reason I never got into trouble was because of all those watchful eyes, I could not get away with ANYTHING without her knowing about it before I walked through the front door

She was a wonderful mother and I always told her that when I had children of my own I would hope to be as great a mother as she was. Though I do not have any kids I still strive to be as great a lady as she was.

When friends came to her house there was always a pot of coffee brewing and something to eat. Our kitchen, small and humble was the gathering post for all the neighborhood woman. I saw alot of rummy card games go bad LOL I saw my brother break up with his girlfriend, and that is where I found out my grandfather passed away. That kitchen is also where I knew I would marry my then boyfriend.That same kitchen is also the place I sat after her death, sitting in her same chair, drinking a pot of coffee and crying because that awesome LADY was gone.

So Mom, know that I think of you everyday, miss you like crazy and know that I am so thankful you instilled great values and a good sense of humor in your baby girl.


From A Stitchers Ramblings

7 comments:

  1. A very sweet post of your mother's memory Natasha. Thanks for sharing just a bit of her with us. She sounds like a friend and mother every woman hopes to have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely post Natasha. It sounds as though your mother was a very special lady indeed. Thank you so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet tribute to your mom! And you look so much like her!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a lovely post about your mum. She sounds like a great lady. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Natasha, she's beautiful. What great memories you have of her. (This is Brandy from the Bay Area. I changed my blogger name)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This post brought me to tears. I'm so sorry you lost her but I'm glad that she's always with you. She sounds like a fantastic mom and person.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely post Natasha. Your mom sounds like she was such a special person :o)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! Your comments mean so much to me!