Monday, September 3, 2012

Pinterest Made Me Do It

How many of you go on Pinerest? And then how many of you actually create some of the things you pin??

I am guilty, guilty of pinning like crazy but never attempting any of the wonderful ideas that I see. Until recently, My good friends wedding was this past weekend and I wanted to give her a handmade gift but had no time to stitch anything. So I came across an idea to take the wedding invitation and cut it into strips and place it in a clear ornament.... I am so glad I cam across this idea. I can really see doing this again and also for a baby's first Christmas. Such a great idea. I curled the pieces of paper around a pen to get the spiral effect but left the Bride, Groom and Date in a straight line.

Topped it of with a bow in the wedding colors placed it in a box and when they return form the honeymoon I will take this to them.
From A Stitchers Ramblings


I have three more blank ornaments left over and am looking into ideas to decorate for gifts... I am so glad I have an extra two days off this week :)

I hope everyone had a lovely weekend. Please know how much I love your comments and I will respond to them of you leave one :)

Take Care!!

5 comments:

  1. I love that idea. I'm still trying to figure out how Pinterest works.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have avoided Pinterest because I can't keep up with my blogs in Google Reader!
    But this is a lovely idea-I think they will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a great idea! and something they can enjoy over the years!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is such a cute idea, Natasha! I know the lucky couple will cherish it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea! I am sure your friend will love it and it will look great on their christmas tree for years to come.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! Your comments mean so much to me!