Friday, October 5, 2012

Expect Delays

Living near San Francisco we never have a dull moment. Wheather it be hiking, a day at the beach or a trip up to the city, one could never go bored here. This weekend is no exception. We have a huge list of events going on this weekend. It's Fleet Week, the Americas Cup is here, we have the Italina festivle and the Giants have a play off game.

My hubby and I we able to enjoy the festevites today. And thankfully we did not have to drive. Traffic is usually crazy to begin with but throw in all of these events and well you would be CRAZY to drive anywhere in the city. Please people take transit!

His company hired us a car and it picked us up this morning at 9:30. We arrived at a Northbeach reasturant for lunch and then headed over to Marina Green where we were able to watch the Blue Angels and many other planes do their pratice runs. It is a pretty amazing sight to see these planes fly by, but what gets me is the noise. I smile from ear to ear everytime I see and hear them.

But that was not all. I knew that the Americas Cup was just a few miles up the way and I thought we were just going to get to see one of these awesome and pretty pricey boats, but to our surprise we were taken out on a regular boat and put pretty close to the RACE. How amazing is this sight
On the New Zealand boat, which my husbands company was part of, was
Natalie Coughlin
12-time Olympic medalist for USA Swimming. She was the extra ride along, I was really hoping I could have been on that boat but I think an Olympian beats me LOL

Also the USS Makin Island was docked here also. It is an amazing vessel, this is a shot with the Bay Bridge behind it.



While we were out on our boat we were floating in front of the spectature stands well the water Police came up to us to inform us "that the spectatures were mad at us for blocking their view" the police just smiled and said that of course they couldn't do anythign to us. The spectatures let us know they were not happy with our captin.. They booed us pretty loudly LOL

Tomorrow morning I am helping a neighbor move and then work in the evening. Sunday I plan on a day of rest and my stitching in hand. I have finally finished coffin buzz, now I just need to make it into a wall hanging. I think I will finally get to make a dent on my CHristmas Stitching woohoo!!

I hope everyone has a safe and happy weekend. Take care friends and thanks for stopping by.

4 comments:

  1. Wow, great pictures of a clear day in San Francisco! The one of the ship in front of the bridge is awesome! What a fun day you had! I can relate to the sound of the planes -- I grew up on military bases and to this day, the sounds of loud airplanes and jets remind me of "home." Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooo, fun times! So glad you guys headed into the city to enjoy the festivities! Debating if I want to battle the masses tomorrow for Blue Angels.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like you had a wonderful day! Happy stitching tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like you had a wonderful day! How funny that your boat was blocking the view. LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! Your comments mean so much to me!