Tuesday, January 29, 2013

The year of finishes.... I hope!

Good morning dear friends,
First I want to say hello to my new followers, I hope you enjoy your visit to my blog and I encourage you to leave comments I try to reply to most. I want to thank you all for your lovely comments and encouragement on my latest project. I thought I could get by without frogging that boarder but Noooo that pesky FROG had to show up. I have stitched on "dragon" for three full days and am now taking a short break while I work on another project from my basket

This one is something I started over a year ago. I was lucky enough to win this chart including fabric and floss back in 2010 from Melissa over at Words and Blooms.


This one is so lovely with all of its motifs and it makes me even happier that the boarder came together in the end so now I can concentrate on the middle :) The fabric for this piece has a lovely molted effect which is hard to pick up in this picture,it is a joy to stitch on.

How was your weekend? Did you get lots of stitching time? I sure hope so! I had a wonderful Sunday. I shared it with my DH and his Aunt and her husband at my favorite BBQ place, I told myself I would not overeat but it is so hard to resist all that good food!!! Later hubby surprised me with a quick trip to Charleston for my birthday, well, we actually ended up at Folly Beach and even though the temperature said 58 it was quit windy and cold. We hunted for shells and walked off our lunch and then headed for home.

Today I am enjoying the warmer temps we are having they say it will get up to 72. I sure hope so I am ready for some warmer temps. I best get going, laundry is calling my name. Ya'll have a wonderful day and thank you for stopping by.
P.S There is a really neat drawing being held by Heather for some wonderful LHN/CCN charts, and who does not LOVE LHN?CCN?? So go, go and enter :)
Natasha


8 comments:

  1. What a beautiful design to win. It's great that you're so happy living close to your family now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh, that is lovely. Yay for the border coming together! :) My weekend was fine, and Sunday night I got a bit of stitching in, which was wonderful! :) The weather here (Columbia, SC area) is very similar. I don't care if it's cold or warm - I just want it to pick one and stop changing every week! XD

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope I have a year of finishes too!! Great stitches Natasha! So glad you had a nice birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, that sampler looks familiar! I am glad you are enjoying it. It's really cute and congrats on the border meeting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely project! Sounds like a wonderful day-first the food then the trip to Charleston! I'm going there to see my aunt the last week of Feb and can't wait!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Charleston! Folly Beach! Oh, how I long to go there. Have you read any books by Karen White? She's set some good books there, which I've enjoyed. I'm glad that you had a good birthday! Nice progress on your sampler.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely progress :-) I too am trying to have a few more finishes this year.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a nice and newsy post. The piece you're working on now looks like it's coming along nicely and I love the fabric.

    LindaLee from
    CrossN' My Stitches

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! Your comments mean so much to me!