Tuesday, April 16, 2013

A finish on the books

First I want to send my prayers out to all of those involved in the Marathon Attack yesterday. Such a tragedy to have happened.


I have a finish, This is Coffee For Gossip by Glory Bee. Stitching this made me think of my Mom. She always had a pot of coffee brewing and all day long the neighbor ladies would stop by for a visit. It was always great to sit around the table with them listening to stories. Such wonderful memories in that little kitchen and hopefully this little stitch will remind me to take time to savor the little things in life :)


Next up on my list???
Just need to hunt down fabric and floss in very "organized" spare room.

I am going to offer Coffee for Gossip up for a drawing. Just become a follower and leave a comment on THIS post and I will draw a name Friday.

Good Luck and thank you for such lovely comments on my previous post :0) Remember to become a follower :)
Natasha

6 comments:

  1. My Mom was the same way!! I grew up in a small town(Valentine NE population a little over 2,000) and everyone knew that my Mom would have coffee and a warm welcome waiting for family & friends and who ever else they brought along! She loved the unexpected drop in visits and the gossip!! LOL!! Thank you for the very nice give away! I'd like to be entered to win please!
    Connie
    connieblue@cox.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely memory of your Mum, love the stitching and your new start. I'd love to be entered into the draw please....x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great finish Natasha and it's wonderful that it gives you lovely memories of your mom! No entry for me! Hope all is well with you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on a wonderful finish! I am partial to coffee charts :) I would like to be entered in your giveaway please.

    --shaunterria--ca11i0pe.blogspot.com--

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that memory! My mom always had coffee going and the neighborhood ladies would gather somewhere, play bridge, drink coffee and talk! I would love to stitch this one!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your coffee stitch is fun and I really like the garden - that might have to be on my to-do list!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! Your comments mean so much to me!