Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Feeling blessed

Mel over at Epic Stitching is the host of this year long Stitching from Stash group This month, in addition to the normal $25 budget, we were allowed a splurge of $100 for the Nashville Market weekend. Guess how much I spent?? $10 yup only $10 I am pretty good about window shopping. I looked at all the new things that came out for market and while there were so many great designs nothing really pulled me in. It is easy to resist when you have so many awesome projects kitted up from your own stock pile :)

This week I started stitching LHN "Glory to God" from the 2008 JCS Ornament magazine. I would love to be able top show you a photo but I miscounted the boarder and had to pick it all out so there is not much to share at this time. It will eventually be a gift for my Aunt, she picked it out way back in 2009 so I guess it is time to finally stitch it for her :)

Last week Weeks Dye Works held a drawing on their facebook page. it was open to the first 20 comments and would you know they drew my name I was super excited and yesterday after getting home from the hospital, more about that later, it was delivered to me. It sure did put a big smile on my face.
Isn't it beautiful? Love the wool and I can't wait to find ways to use it.

On our way to the hospital yesterday we saw this messsage on a church billboard "Worrying is as useless as sawing saw dust" it was perfect for that day. Yesterday I had to go for a mammogram and ultrasound. I found a lump two months ago and my doctor felt another lump when she did my exam two weeks ago, so I made an apponment for Monday, let me tell you that week of waiting for Monday to arrive was very tough. I was a ball of nerves. They could not get a good read from the mammogram so they did an ultrasound. While I was waiting for the doctor to come in I tearfully said a prayer that all would be well. And it was!!! There were no areas of concern. He did say I have a good amount of cysts but he was not worried as I should not be either. Thank the lord!! I immediatly felt a great weight lift off of me. I am so gratefull and know that life is precious.

Today is a beautiful day here in SC the sun is shining and it is suppose to be in the 60's I am going to spend the morning cleaning the house BLAH!! and then hopefully I can work on that boarder :) I hope you all have a fantastic day today.
Natasha

9 comments:

  1. I'm so happy that your mammo and ultrasound were clear! I have the same problem -- lumpy breasts. lol! I have gone through the same thing a few times now so I know how you were feeling. No matter how much you tell yourself not to worry, it's hard not to. Hooray!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goodness, I'm so pleased to read your hospital visit was all good. You were so brave.
    Well done on sticking to the SFS budget too :)
    Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry about the frog visit - but congrats on the pretty pink win!! Glad to hear your results were good, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad there are not concerns for you! Love the new, pink wins.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad you got clear results! Whew...what a relief! I still owe you an email...life is madness at the moment. Congrats on your pink win! Catch up soon! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the good news from the doctor. It's always so scary when something like that happens. And very pretty pink package you got.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad to hear your good news. Things like that can make one appreciate how special just an ordinary day really is.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is such good news, Natasha! Having been through a couple of "scares" myself, I know how relieved you are :)

    Congratulations on your win--love those pretty pink threads!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great job on stitching for stash. What a great package of goodies from WDW.
    Even better is that fact that your tests came back fine!! Woohoo!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! Your comments mean so much to me!