Thursday, June 26, 2014

Sometimes older is better

I picked up this dresser from a listing I saw on Facebook. I have been without a dresser for six years, six years people is a long time to keep your clothes in rubbermaid bins ;) Sometimes I felt like I was a college student with the way I was storing my clothes. But now I am the proud owner of this beautiful piece.

The lady I bought it from said when she found it it was covered in layers of paint and it was missing the drawer fronts. So she sent it off to a cabinet maker and when he striped it underneath all of that paint was beautiful Tiger wood. The handles need to be replaced as they are just small metal knobs, I am going to check out the flea market and the antique stores in search of some pretty knobs before I turn to the internet.

I love old furniture and waiting for me back in Ohio is my Grandmothers china cabinet and her antique dresser. And hopefully within the next 6 months I can finally move it down here to South Carolina.

On the stitching front I am slowly working on Cinnamon Hearts by Threadwork Primitive I really enjoy the colors but I am thinking of using a much different contrasting color for the peacock, we'll see. Well folks since I have to do some errands before I head into work I wish you all a lovely day and a fantastic weekend :D
Natasha

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful dresser! I can imagine the heat and humidity are a hard thing to get used to ~ but being able to cool off in the lake sounds like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely dresser you found! The wood is gorgeous.

    Robin in Virginia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely! ooOoo! Go get your Grandmother's pieces!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great find! I think that old dresser looks fantastic. I love vintage-y things.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a lovely dresser! I love exotic woods -- any beautiful wood, really. Love the design of the dresser too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a very lovely piece - what a great find!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! Your comments mean so much to me!