Thursday, August 14, 2014

Babies galore and late night reading.....

Good morning friends,
Since that last post the one about me deleting ALL my photos for my blog, well they are gone, yup forever lost. It is a shame but I will not make that mistake twice.
This seems to be the year of babies, not from me but so many of my friends. And when I hear they are expecting I whip out my crochet needles and start making blankets. So far this year I have made four and have two more to make. The current one is a chevron pattern which I love but this one is not going so smooth. So in the end I am going to rip out the stitches I have done and just do a simple striped pattern like the one below.

This is one I just completed last week it was mailed off to California and in a few days baby R will be here to enjoy some snuggles in it.

With all this blanket making I have not pick up a needle to XS in over 3 weeks. What?? 3 weeks is way to long.I know and now I will be working all this weekend and then my sister and her husband will in town Sunday till next week so I will probably not get around to all my lovely WIP's till the following weekend. This is just crazy LOL

With the lack of stitching I have made some time to read. I bought a kindle paperwhite 6 months ago to replace my 2nd generation kindle. I love it. It is perfect for reading at night in bed, you can adjust the lighting and it does not cast off a glow like a computer or and IPad would. I am currently reading The Fault in our Stars.... I have about 4 chapters left and I have been bawling my eyes out, like seriously this is the saddest book I have read in a long time.

I also recently finished reading The Wise Man's Fear (The Kingkiller Chronicle #2) it is a fantasy novel and 1,120 pages long. I read the first book in 4 months but this one took me almost two years to read. I have never been a fan of this type of writing but it was actually better than I thought. It was lent to me by a friend who swore I had to read it. Did it change my life?? No, but it did transport me to a different world when I read it. Which is the goal of a witer when they set out to write a book I think.

Hopefully there are still some readers and followers on my blog. I know it has been neglected for some time, but I assure you I am still here and soon I will actually have some stitching to share. Untill then take care my friends and let your needles fly :)

5 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about your photos. The same thing happened to me before, It had to do with google+ and Picassa and making my photos available to everyone. It took me a while but it got changed. Years worth of photos were not available.
    Glad to see your crochet. I love to crochet and thank you for leaving a comment on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry all those pics are gone. :( Nice baby blanket! Enjoy your visit with your sister and her DH. I love reading ebooks. Can't deal with the idea of The Fault in Our Stars. Can't deal with a sad book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, sorry to hear that the photos are gone. Your crochet is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I'm so sorry to read that you lost your photos, Natasha! I can't imagine...

    Love the blanket and love reading my Kindle in bed at night. It actually helps me fall asleep with that soft lighting. I made the mistake of listening to The Fault in Our Stars while driving--the tears streaming from my eyes made for dangerous driving conditions!

    ReplyDelete
  5. nice baby blanket.. I wish I have the patience to learn crochet..

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! Your comments mean so much to me!