Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Snowflakes are Kisses from Heaven

Good Morning dear friends,
I told you on my last post I would be back with a photo of what I am stitching. This is January Snowdrop by Cottage Garden Samplings. I was gifted this chart along with the Febuary Chart last year from blogger Linda Such is Life. She sweetley sent me both after she had stitched them. THANK YOU!!



I started it Sunday evening after we put up our Christmas tree. As I sat there looking at the tree with all the ornaments that bring me joy I kept repeating the saying on this chart in my head. "Snowflakes are kisses from heaven" It made me think of my Mom, instantly. She loved Christmas. The joy she had while baking and decorating was felt in everything she did. So I decided to dedicate this piece to her, so I have added her intials and her date of birth.

Sadly she left this world in 2004 and it is during this time that I miss her the most. But when I put the tree up and bake her favorite cookies I can feel she is still with me in the spirit, for that shall always live on.

I am using a piece of 28ct even weave I found in my fabric drawer, it is sponged. You can't tell very well in the picture but it has a pretty light pink under tone to it. I also am using DMC.

What else has been taking up my time these days?? Baby blankets. Here is the latest one I have made. This is for my cousins little boy he is just a month old and his daddy is a Georgia fan so she asked me to do GA colors. Hopefully next week I can drive down to Charleston and drop this off to her and meet that precious baby of hers :) I am in need of baby snuggles.


Well folks there you have it. I do believe this is the longest post I have made in months Woohoo! Wishing all of you a great day.

Natasha



5 comments:

  1. What a beautiful piece, made even more beautiful by your personalization, Natasha... I'm so glad you feel your mom's presence so much at Christmas time. It must have been very hard to lose her at such a young age. Sending a hug your way :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What lovely thoughts regarding your mom.
    That is a great blanket and wonderful gift.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely! I miss my mom too so I love what you did. Great blanket too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a lovely piece of stitching to dedicate to your mom. Did you receive March and Aprils charts? - I posted them a while ago.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful piece to remember you Mom :) And I love that GA baby blanket!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! Your comments mean so much to me!