Monday, October 21, 2013

Pals Stitching at the Beach 2013 recap

What's better than being at the beach and spending the day stitching?! Doing it with a whole group of talented ladies. I attended my very first PALS retreat this past weekend. There were 113 that were there this year, that is one VERY large group :) This retreat is put together by Amy Whitaker, owner of Down Sunshine Lane . This was her 16th year of putting this together. I am so happy that I went this year that I am already looking forward to next year!

I arrived on Wednesday and roomed with Chris and Michele. Great roomies and we got along wonderfully. I have been friends with Michele for many years through our blogs and facebook but this was the first time ever meeting in person and the same with Chris. I meet so many great ladies on this retreat. 4 glorious days of stitching till our butts ached and laughing till we we cried. I sat with the "crazy group" I say that with love. We stitched, laughed, formed a gang and were just plain silly the entire time. I did not take enough pictures like I had planned, here a a few from the 4 days.

A finish by a fellow stitcher, beautiful right?? There was clapping and cheering when a finish was made

Michele *my roomie* and Toni hard at work on their cute pin cushions

The Grab Bag Exchange was fun to watch this box got stolen alot along with several others

The view from under the pier

There were also several designers there this year
Blackberry Lane Designs I loved her finishes that she had displayed of course I had to buy something ;)

Summer House Stitch Works Beth is so very nice

Hands On Design Cathy as well was so sweet. She had and exclusive for the PALS retreat a beach theme so yes that and another design came home with me.

Praiseworthy Stitches She had some really clever finishes like her Kindle cover so I bought that and another chart. She was very positive that I could sew that cover up... We shall see LOL

Fern Ridge Collections Lots a beautiful beaded kits. I did not buy any but I know several who did, hopefully we see finishes soon ;)

Golden Circle Designs Very cool designs a few ladies at my table bought a few.

Amy also had her booth set up I bought a beautiful bag with cute little owls on it... According to Michele it was calling my name ENABLER!!! LOL

Well if that was not long enough!! LOL I sure hope you enjoyed this recap of the weekend. I am sure I will be sharing more photos through the week and hopefully some finishes as well. Until then take care and Happy Monday :D
Natasha

5 comments:

  1. Glad you had such a great time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you made it! Can't imagine NOT having fun with all that stitching and laughing going on; can you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh lucky you to go to the retreat! Sounds so wonderful! Glad you had a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was my first time to PALS, too. Glad you had a good time. I think Toni and I were on the same flight. At least I think I saw her at the airport.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! Your comments mean so much to me!