Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Happy Spring Ya'll

First day of spring?? You would not be able to tell in my neck of the woods. For us here in the Bay Area we are finally getting our winter. The rain has been holding off for the past day or so, but the gray clouds and chilly air is still with us. Heck we even had some snow in our Mountains down by us, that's when you know it's cold when Mt. Hamilton gets a nice dusting :) Makes for a pretty sight when driving to work.A little info on Mt Hamilton Mount Hamilton
From A Stitchers Ramblings

I took this photo from the top of the CVS building near my house. The roads leading up to the mountain were closed due to the snow or else I would have made the drive over there.

***EDITED*** For those wondering how I got on the roof of the CVS building there is actually a parking garage up there hehe!!
So what better way to spend a chilly winters day than to stitch. I am trying to work on projects in my WIP/UFO basket. Going through it last night I found a Shepherds Bush kit that I had started over a year ago. I remember putting it away because I was afraid of the specialty stitches, fear of not being able to do them and also fear of wrong placement. But I really like the design so last night I decided to JUST DO IT. So here is a snap of my progress so far.
From A Stitchers Ramblings

Old Glory by Shepherds Bush

Today is my weekend so after I walk the hounds and clean my bathroom I will settle in to stitch for awhile before my DH makes his way home from work. Hopefully my next blog post I will be able to show you more progress on this current piece.

Till then thank you friends for stopping by and for those that leave comments. It really makes my day to read them :)
Take care and happy stitching!
Natasha

1 comment:

  1. How in the world did you get on the roof of the CVS!? I'm glad you pulled Old Glory out of the wip bin. I can't wait to watch your progress!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! Your comments mean so much to me!